Sophomore fall is an intensive planning period for off-campus study any time during the Junior year—whether Fall or Spring semester. Start thinking and planning early. It's never too soon!
Critical Deadlines for Off-Campus Study in 2023-24
The deadlines for those wishing to study abroad during the fall and/or spring of 2023-2024 are:
(Note: Students submitting the Application to Participate on an Approved Program must meet with an OCS adviser prior to submitting the application.)
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022: Colgate Study Group On-Line Application due
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023: Application to Participate on an Approved Program On-Line form due
- Start researching off-campus study!
- Do a self-inventory to assess your goals and priorities for off-campus study
- Attend a General Information session held week of September and early October. Refer to the Colgate campus calendar for the Zoom link.
- Meet with an OCS adviser (by appointment only)
- Research programs you are considering
- Attend October info sessions for study groups (announced on the Colgate events calendar and on OCS homepage)
- Talk to study group faculty and returned students
- Applications to all Colgate Study Groups are due on the first Wednesday of November
- Submit your Application to Participate on an Approved Program early, especially if you want to go in the Fall! Program applications for Fall open in November and are due in February
- December 10: Submit course equivalency for spring semester programs to Registrar's Office.
- Study Group decisions sent to students at end of December
- Application to Participate on an Approved Program due
- Check application deadlines for the Approved Programs you are interested in and plan to apply directly to the program sponsor about a month early (rolling admissions)!
- Be sure to discuss your off-campus study plans with your major adviser, if you have not done so already
- Notice of approved program/semester sent to students prior to Spring Break
- All Fall students should complete required Colgate paperwork and attend pre-departure meetings
- May 1: Submit course equivalency for fall semester programs to Registrar's Office
- Confirm your place on a program and complete all required forms